Friday, August 15, 2014

Summertime Floating Candles in a Jar

Summertime Floating Candles with Citronella Oil via Nest of Posies I’m a sucker for a burning candle.
They can cozy up a room in a heartbeat!  It doesn’t matter how big or small – they have the power to make you feel relaxed or make you remember a certain memory from their scent alone.  But you all already knew that!
All I did was gather up some of my favorite Summer scents:  mint, lemon, lime, rosemary added some water & this citronella bug off oil to mason jars.  Then I added some floating candles.  Super easy!   This entire project from start to finish took less than 10 minutes.
summer floating candle in a jar via Nest of Posies
The smell is positively divine, but I love all things citrus & herbal!  The rosemary & mint combined with citrus is pure heaven!  Plus I also love the smell of citronella when it’s not overpowering.  But trust me, come July, I’ll be a walking citronella candle to repel the vampire bugs.  But note *I would never want to repel Edward!*
These candles are naturally beautiful with their earthy green & citrus colors, but with their evening glow they become the perfect addition to your porch or your home for the warmer months ahead.  I think they would even be fun to bring to a family cookout or a outdoor party.
If you like what you see, I would love to have you follow me on Pinterest!  Where you can keep up with my latest projects, tips or DIY inspiration!
Summertime scents floating candles in a jar (with citronella drops)

These candles are naturally beautiful with their earthy green & citrus colors, but with their evening glow they become the perfect addition to your porch or your home for the warmer months ahead.  I think they would even be fun to bring to a family cookout or a outdoor party.

No comments:

Post a Comment